1. Save first. Every time you receive money as a gift or get paid for a job well done, set aside some portion of that money as savings before you spend. It will add up and help you reach your goal.
2. Focus on reaching a goal. Keep focused on your reasons for saving money. Post notices in your bedroom or wherever it will help to remind you that you have a goal.
3. Always have some money saved in case you need it. It can be your allowance, money you earned or money received as a gift.
4. Don't spend more money than you have.
5. Become a wise shopper. Learn how to get the best buy for the least amount of money.
6. Have a spending plan. This is important so you will be able to know how much money you have and where you will spend it. Always know where your money goes.
About Children's Online Privacy
The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) was passed to give parents increased control over what information is collected from their children online and how such information is used. The law applies to websites and services directed to, and which knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 13. First Service Bank's websites and online services are not directed to children under the age of 13, nor is information knowingly collected from them. For additional information on COPPA protections, visit the Federal Trade Commission's website.